Saturday, March 24, 2007

Non-business books & films

When I'd finished my MBA I planned not to read another 'business book' again. That said I've read all sorts of things that have insights in them that are relevant (particularly to Creative Industries firms)...here are a few of my favourites:
- Flatland, Edwin A Abbott
- Rock'n'Roll, Tom Stoppard
- I don't mean to be rude but, Simon Cowell
- Murder in Samarkand, Craig Murray
- Feel, Chris Heath
- Air Guitar, Dave Hickey
- The Alphabet vs. the Goddess
- The Mastership Game, Scott McBain
- The Marketing Plan (a pictoral guide for managers), Malcolm McDonald & Peter Morris
- The New Great Game, Lutz Kleveman

and just for good measure a few films/dvds:
- Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus (Jim White)
- Legally Blonde
- The Corporation
- Rize
- Basquiat
- Enron
- McLibel
- Walmart
- Bull Durham
- The Fog of War
- An Inconvenient Truth
- Big Wednesday/Riding Giants

I'm just about to read Tao Te Ching by Lao-Tzu....I reckon it will make it on to this list shortly.